Monday, November 14, 2011

Disolving Sticky Fabri-Solvy

We just stitched our very popular Bless Our Home BlackWork design a second time using our very wonderful Sticky Fabri-Solvy.  The printed film made getting our embroidery ready to stitch a snap and adding all those Lazy Daisy leaves easy to do.

543_StitchedFabri-Solvy

I put a generous amount of warm water in my kitchen sink and added each of the embroidered pieces separately.  The flowing water was dissolving as I watched – so fun and amazing to see!

RemovingFabri-Solvy 
I rinsed off each fabric piece under the flowing water and laid them flat to dry.  Next I’ll steam iron with the embroidery upside down on a bath towel adding a little spray starch to crisp up our lovely finished piece. 
QUICK & EASY!!

543_Drying

Sticky  Fabri-Solvy is so easy to use and your embroidery design is accurate – sometimes not the case with hand tracing onto the fabric using your light box.  Give it a try with your next embroidery project.

3 comments:

  1. I am working on a Redwork piece that I purchased from you in Houston. I also purchased some Sticky Fabri-Solvy and used it. My problem is that I cannot get the residue off of my muslin. I am very frustrated because I followed the directions exactly. There is still a film left on the fabric even after swishing it in the water, letting water run directly on it, and even gently rubbing it. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all very helpful, thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete